Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm In A Rut

I haven't blogged lately because I really haven't felt like doing anything, especially writing down what I felt and thought. Haven't even felt like seeing or talking to anyone either. I have been in a rut, and a deep one at that. All of the negativity on the news and the depressed economy has finally took it's toll on me. I will admit that I also have been spending a lot time feeling sorry for myself.

Oh well, the longer I am in this rut on this road the worse it gets. Time to get out. When you think about it it is really true that it is up to us individually what we do when we get up in the morning. You can make your mind up that this is going to be a good day or you can stay in a slump and say that this day is going to be a bad day. Any day can be a good day if we put our mind to it. There are also a lot of things that are positive so why do we dwell on the negatives?

Well I am trying to get out of this rut but I think my 4-wheel drive went south with the economy so it is not as easy as it usually is. But at least I am going to try. I have to keep reminding myself that things can always be worse and that I really don't have it that bad. (Easy to write now I just have to believe it.)

Did I mention also, that it is supposed to snow here this weekend, yes in Tucson. Go figure!

OK, fellow bloggers, what do you do to get out of the blues?

"Life is good if you let it"

4 comments:

Steve at Random said...

Happiness is contagious...so I start hanging around happy people, like your son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids. My father, who lives with us, also always has a very positive outlook. He also is very direct with his comments so ask and you shall receive. I've quoted some of these before but a couple are, "You judge a tree by the fruit it bears, not the fruit it talks about" and "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Even at 88, he's a man with a Type-A personality. He can't sit still to watch a 30 minute TV show. Anyway, action is the best medicine.

AZJim said...

Thanks for the input. This all started when I was ill for about a week and inactivity helped start it, so getting active again will help. Hanging around happy people could be a little more challenging as I am in a mainly retirement neighborhood and everyone is bummed out about the economy. But like an Aunt once told me "Life is like a coin, you can spend it anyway you want, but you can only spend it once."

randymeiss said...

I agree, when I get bummed out I find something to do or people to be around that make me happy. I also try to remember that ruts are temporary. They will pass, especially when I remember all the people that love and care about me. You have a family that loves you and cares about you very much!

Steve at Random said...

Jim - I heard you had a birthday yesterday -- March 4th -- so congratulations. Sounds like next year's might be a little tougher to swallow.